Last Updated: February 1, 2023
This website is operated by SolarBank Corporation Throughout the site, the terms “Company”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to SolarBank Corporation SolarBank Corporation offer this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site or inquiring about a product or service from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to abide to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current online store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
This website contains “forward-looking statements” or “forward-looking information” (collectively “forward-looking statements”) within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, estimates, forecasts, projections, beliefs and assumptions made by management of the Company about the industry in which it operates. Such statements include, in particular, statements about the Company’s plans, strategies and prospects. In some cases, these forward-looking statements can be identified by words or phrases such as “may”, “might”, “will”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “estimate”, “intend”, “plan”, “indicate”, “seek”, “believe”, “predict” or “likely”, or the negative of these terms, or other similar expressions intended to identify forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve assumptions and risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed, implied or forecasted in such forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend, and disclaims any obligation, to update any forward-looking statements after it files this website, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by the securities laws. These forward looking statements are made as of the date of this website.
The Company has based these forward-looking statements on its current expectations and projections about future events and financial trends that it believes might affect its financial condition, results of operations, business strategy and financial needs. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to:
- the completion, size, pricing, expenses and timing of the closing of any equity or debt financings;
- the use of the net proceeds of any equity or debt financings and the use of the available funds following completion of any equity or debt financings;
- the Company’s expectations regarding its revenue, expenses and operations;
- industry trends and overall market growth;
- the Company’s growth strategies;
- expectations relating to director and executive officer compensation levels;
- the Company’s anticipated cash needs and its needs for additional financing;
- the Company’s intention to grow the business and its operations;
- expectations with respect to future costs;
- expectations with respect to hiring of additional professional to increase volume;
- the Company’s competitive position and the regulatory environment in which the Company operates;
- the Company’s expected business objectives for the next 12 months;
- the Company’s ability to obtain additional funds through the sale of equity or debt commitments;
- the effect of the Novel Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) outbreak on the ability of the Company to carry on business; and
- beliefs and intentions regarding the ownership of material trademarks and domain names used in connection with the design, production, marketing, distribution and sale of our products.
Forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions and analyses made by the Company in light of the experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate, and are subject to risks and uncertainties. In making the forward looking statements included in this website, the Company has made various material assumptions, including but not limited to: (i) obtaining the necessary regulatory approvals; (ii) that regulatory requirements will be maintained; (iii) general business and economic conditions; (iv) the Company’s ability to successfully execute its plans and intentions; (v) the availability of financing on reasonable terms; (vi) the Company’s ability to attract and retain skilled staff; (vii) market competition; (viii) the products and services offered by the Company’s competitors; (ix) that the Company’s current good relationships with its service providers and other third parties will be maintained; and (x) government subsidies and funding for renewable energy will continue as currently contemplated. Although the Company believes that the assumptions underlying these statements are reasonable, they may prove to be incorrect, and the Company cannot assure that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements. Given these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, invesotrs should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Whether actual results, performance or achievements will conform to the Company’s expectations and predictions is subject to a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors, including those listed under “Risk Factors” in the Company’s public filings with Canadian securities regulators, which include:
- the Company may be adversely affected by volatile solar power market and industry conditions; in particular, the demand for its services may decline, which may reduce its revenues and earnings;
- the execution of the Company’s growth strategy depends upon the continued availability of third-party financing arrangements for the Company and its customers;
- the Company’s future success depends partly on its ability to expand the pipeline of its energy business in several key markets;
- governments may revise, reduce or eliminate incentives and policy support schemes for solar and battery storage power, which could cause demand for the Company’s services to decline;
- general global economic conditions may have an adverse impact on our operating performance and results of operations;
- the Company’s project development and construction activities may not be successful;
- developing and operating solar projects exposes the Company to various risks;
- the Company faces a number of risks involving PPAs and project-level financing arrangements, including failure or delay in entering into PPAs, defaults by counterparties and contingent contractual terms;
- the Company is subject to numerous laws, regulations and policies at the national, regional and local levels of government in the markets where it does business. Any changes to these laws, regulations and policies may present technical, regulatory and economic barriers to the purchase and use of solar power and battery storage products, solar projects and solar electricity;
- the markets in which the Company competes are highly competitive and evolving quickly;
- an anti-circumvention investigation could adversely affect the Company by potentially raising the prices of key supplies for the construction of solar power projects;
- the Company’s quarterly operating results may fluctuate from period to period;
- foreign exchange rate fluctuations;
- a change in the Company’s effective tax rate can have a significant adverse impact on its business;
- seasonal variations in demand linked to construction cycles and weather conditions may influence the Company’s results of operations;
- the Company may be unable to generate sufficient cash flows or have access to external financing necessary to fund planned operations and make adequate capital investments in solar project development;
- the Company may incur substantial additional indebtedness in the future;
- the Company is subject to risks from supply chain issues;
- risks related to inflation;
- unexpected warranty expenses that may not be adequately covered by the Company’s insurance policies;
- if the Company is unable to attract and retain key personnel, it may not be able to compete effectively in the renewable energy market;
- there are a limited number of purchasers of utility-scale quantities of electricity and entities that have the ability to interconnect projects to the grid, which exposes the Company and its utility scale solar projects to additional risk;
- compliance with environmental laws and regulations can be expensive;
- corporate responsibility, specifically related to Environmental, Social and Governance matters and unsuccessful management of such matters may adversely impose additional costs and expose the Company to new risks;
- the impact of COVID-19 on the Company is unknown at this time and the financial consequences of this situation cause uncertainty as to the future and its effects on the economy and the Company;
- the Company has limited insurance coverage;
- the Company will be reliant on information technology systems and may be subject to damaging cyberattacks;
- the Company does not anticipate paying cash dividends;
- the Company may become subject to litigation;
- no guarantee on how the Company will use its available funds;
- the Company will be subject to additional regulatory burden resulting from its public listing on the CSE;
- the Company cannot assure you that a market will develop or exist for the Common Shares or what the market price of the Common Shares will be;
- the market price for Common Shares may be volatile and subject to wide fluctuations in response to numerous factors, many of which are beyond our control;
- future sales of Common Shares by existing shareholders could reduce the market price of the Company’s Common Shares;
- the Company will continue to sell securities for cash to fund operations, capital expansion, mergers and acquisitions that will dilute the current shareholders; and
- future dilution as a result of financings.
These factors should not be considered exhaustive. If any of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or if assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results might vary materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements.
Information contained in forward-looking statements in this website is provided as of the date of this website, and we disclaim any obligation to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information or future events or results, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, potential investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements or the information contained in those statements.
All of the forward-looking statements contained in this website are expressly qualified by the foregoing cautionary statements. Investors should read this entire website and consult their own professional advisors to assess the income tax, legal, risk factors and other aspects of their investment.
General Terms and Conditions
Section 1- Access Terms
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
Section 2- General Conditions
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You understand that your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, display, archive, retain or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any content on the website (including but not limited to the trademarks, logo type, service marks, reviews, photographs, images, illustrations, video clips, html, source and object code, software data and the like, collectively “Content”) through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us except to the extent required for the limited purpose of viewing the material on our website.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
Section 3- Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of information
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
Section 4- Modifications to the services
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or Content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Section 5- Products or Services
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. All descriptions of Services are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any Service at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any services or information obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
Section 6- Optional Tools
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
Section 7 – Third Party Links
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party materials or products should be directed to the third-party.
Section 8- User comments, feedback and other submissions
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
Section 9- Personal Information
Section 10- Errors, inaccuracies and omissions
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to services descriptions, pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
Section 11- Intellectual Property
All materials on this Site, including but not limited to the Content, its arrangement, are protected by copyright under Canadian or U.S. copyright law, international conventions, and other relevant intellectual property laws. You cannot use the Content, except as specified herein. We are not granting you any license to utilize the Content, copyrights, proprietary logos, service marks, or trademarks. Any unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and civil and criminal statutes.
Section 12- Prohibited Uses
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Section 13- Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights that one might have as a customer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
In no case shall SolarBank Corporation, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Section 14- Indemnification
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SolarBank Corporation, and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by you or any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
Section 15- Severability
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
Section 16- Termination
We may terminate, change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of this Service, as well as your access to the Service or website, any anytime without notice or liability. You will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination. We may terminate the authorization rights given in connection with the use of this website. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using this site. All provisions of Terms of Service which by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitation of liability provisions.
Section 17- Entire Agreement
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
Section 18- Governing Law
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia without regard to the choice of law or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the Supreme Court of the Province of British Columbia.
Section 19- Changes to terms of service
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Section 20- Contact Information
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org